Refugee Mental Health & Wellness Conference
Join us on Thursday, February 25, 2021 for the 4th Annual Refugee Mental Health and Wellness Conference.
The conference brings together refugee leaders, social service providers, mental health clinicians, students, and refugee advocates from across the world.
This year, our theme will focus on the intersection of COVID-19, mental health, and social justice. The conference will feature keynote speakers, breakout sessions, and opportunities for networking throughout the day.
Hear directly from community leaders and experts in a variety of fields, network with others passionate about serving refugees, and learn new tools and strategies to take back to your community.
Keynote speakers include:
- Krish O’Mara Vignarajah, President & CEO, Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS)
- Aisha Koroma, Interim Director of Clinical Services, Alliance Wellness Clinic and co-author of Handbook of Refugee Experience: Trauma, Resilience, and Recovery
- Drocella Mugorewera, Refugee Congress Board Member and Executive Director, Bridge Refugee Services in Knoxville, Tennessee
Session topics include:
- Strategies for addressing re-traumatization, social isolation and other mental health concerns during COVID-19
- Local efforts to engage refugee youth
- Suicide prevention in refugee communities
- Meeting the needs of refugees impacted by domestic violence
- Update on the refugee resettlement program and policies impacting asylum-seekers
- The impact of COVID-19 in global refugee settings , including U.S.-Mexico border, Greece, Bangladesh and Kenya
- The fight for racial justice within refugee and immigrant communities
- and much more!
The full list of speakers and breakout sessions are available here.
All sessions will be held virtually. The sessions will be recorded and participants will have access to all of the recordings.
General admission ticket: $20
- Timezone: America/New_York
- Date: Feb 25 2021
- Time: 9:30 am - 5:30 pm